On another note, thanks to your advocacy and referrals, we were again awarded the distinction as being in the Top 1% of John L. Scott realtors for 2016! This means out of over 2700 agents, we were in the top 27. As a way to say thank you, we put together a fun video. If you haven’t seen the SAG Awards Stranger Things acceptance speech, YouTube that for reference.
We’re a couple months into 2017, how are you doing on your New Years resolutions? Research shows that only 9.2% of people feel they are successful in keeping their resolutions. Even if you’ve slipped a bit it’s not too late to get back in the game! Seeing that the second most common resolution is self-improvement we thought this would be a great time to share some of my favorite books I read in 2016. Check out my list below and let me know what books you think I need to pick up this year!
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday – Ryan Holiday has quickly become one of my favorite authors. This is a book of Stoic wisdom that, in the past few years, has become popular with the Seahawks and the Patriots.
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss – Tim Ferriss is one of the most successful podcasters ever, and this book is summaries of close to 200 podcasts he has done. Highly readable, concise, and packed with good gems.
- The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly – Kevin Kelly has, over and over again, been a very accurate predictor of future technological trends. In the Inevitable, he explores 12 items, including topics such as Artificial Intelligence, that are sure to effect our future.
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg – read it a few times before, and always return to it. One of the all time greats.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – and to finish off the list, this is a great piece of fiction that will have you guessing until the very end!
This was our fourth year hosting our annual Pie Party for our clients! Per usual we went all out with a hot cocoa bar, kids coloring station, and of course, the ever popular photo booth from Licorice Photography! If you haven’t been to a pie party yet it’s a must for next year! Our focus is to make life easy for our clients, and this doesn’t just mean during a transaction. Every November right before Thanksgiving we give out a pie to our clients who can make it to our party to help check something off the seemingly never ending holiday to-do list. We gave out over 130 pies this time! Check out our photos and we hope to see you there next year!
“Buy land, they’re not making it anymore.” -Mark Twain
From left to right: Kelsey Juhl, Greg Willis, Dan Faulkner, Jr., Nicole Switzer, Andrea Perun
We hope everyone had a great time at our 9th Annual Gratitude Gathering in July! Sadly, the Mariner’s lost…but we are winners to have such fun clients to hang out with! To those who came and to those who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you next year! #10 promises to be the best yet!
With gratitude, Dan, Kelsey, Greg, Andrea, and Nicole
“Generosity is the cure for scarcity. Be the most giving person in every room you’re in and life will reward you with uncommon blessings.” -Robin Sharma
I use this quote not to describe myself, or my team. But to describe you. We have something exceptionally rare in the real estate world – a business committed to working 100% via referral. So rare that when people ask us about our success, and find out we don’t pay Zillow an arm and a leg each month for leads, or don’t advertise anywhere, they’re almost disappointed. It’s uncommon, and remarkable.
And I say this with humility, because the reality is that although we have served our clients well, provided lots of value, and been there through great markets and bad markets, all of this is thanks to you, the client. The advocate. The friend. Telling someone else about your experience.
That’s what our annual Gratitude Gathering is all about (9th year this year). Showing our appreciation for you, the people who make it all possible. Having a good time and enjoying some (hopefully) good baseball.
So, thanks for being awesome. And to those of you who couldn’t come this year, we thank you for your patience – 2015 was our biggest year at 140 people. This year we have 150 and a waiting list. We look forward to seeing you at the 10th annual!